Auckland is a great start to any holiday in New Zealand, particularly if you’re planning to self drive the North Island.
Affectionately known as the ‘City of sails’, there is a host of things to do and see in Auckland – it’s just a matter of fitting it all in.
Research and pre-planning always helps you get the most out of a holiday. In this post we list 5 resources we think might help you on your Auckland car trip:
1. Blogs are a great way of tapping into insider advice. It’s just like having your own tour guide but with the freedom to visit place to place at your own pace.
Indulged Traveller offers some great pointers that no travel guide can offer. From where to grab a good coffee, to where to find the freshest tastiest fish, authentic blogger advice for your Auckland stay can be found here.
2. Similarly, sometimes it’s just as good to hear travel tips from someone who’s been in exactly your shoes. This is Weeny offers a really refreshing take on Auckland, particularly when it comes to eating out. Unlike Indulged Traveller, This is Weeny is not a local but instead, a seasoned traveller who has mastered the art of exploring. Share the gems of her Auckland adventures here.
3. Sometimes a GPS navigation isn’t enough; you need real road trip advice to help you navigate a region that’s new to you. Help is on its way – there are plenty of driving routes already mapped out for you here.
4. For pre-trip inspiration, scroll through Auckland Daily Photo’s never-ending blog of photos. It offers a really colourful view of every part of the city. You might even be inspired to make your own contribution to the photo gallery.
5. Do you find yourself asking questions about Auckland you can’t find answers to online? Try Travellr. The site is free for people to ask and respond to any questions you might have about any travel destination. From hotel recommendations to activity suggestions, you’ll find really useful answers here.
Search for all the best New Zealand car hire rates.
Tags: New Zealand