Here’s all the information you’ll need to successfully reserve, collect and return your rental car.
Minimise fuss and maximise your car hire experience with these 4 easy steps, as put together by our team of car hire experts:
Step 1. Before you collect the car
- Read the terms and conditions of your booking confirmation, making sure you understand the inclusions and exclusions of your rental.
- If you’re travelling aboard, research the country’s traffic and driving regulations. At a minimum, make sure you know the answers to: ‘What side of the road must you drive on?’, ‘What are the driving licence requirements? Do you need special approvals to drive?’, ‘What are the age requirements for drivers?’.
- Expect a car specified on your confirmation “or similar”. Car rental companies cannot guarantee the exact make or model of the car, but will provide a car with the same features i.e. group size, air conditioning, number of doors etc.
- Specify the extras you’ll need. From GPS to a baby seat, you’re best to include these in your booking or request them before you reach the pick-up counter as any extras are subject to availability.
- If you’re flying in and collecting your car at the airport, include your flights details with your booking. This allows the car hire company to keep track of your flight in case of any delays or cancellations which may affect the pick-up of your vehicle.
- Be prepared - you may like to pack a torch and other supplies in case of an emergency.
- Purchase car insurance that offers a reduced excess. This type of cover varies between car rental companies. This optional insurance can be purchased direct with the car rental company or may be included in your car hire package.
Look out for Step 2, on the blog soon.
Tags: Car hire advice